mercredi 6 mars 2013

Oribe





Un canard et un bol de la précédente cuisson émail.

A duck and a bowl of the last glaze firing

4 commentaires:

audeterrienne a dit…

Le canard me plaît spécialement! Bisous!

Armelle Léon a dit…

C'est le même émail que sur le bol, mais appliqué fin et avec la texture, cela peut donner quelque chose d'intéressant, mais je n'ai plus de cuivre pour en refaire !!!

Peter a dit…

Bonjour Armelle,

I really like the duck too!

Does your oribe glaze have some borax in it? I notice attractive blue specks in the glaze on the bowl, almost like chun?? The colour and surface of the bowl is nice. I see that the duck has a glossy surface, and the bowl is less glossy, are they the same recipe, or were they in hotter and colder places in the kiln?

All busy here, I have to get some pots ready for an exhibition. I am bisque firing this morning, both cats are sleeping (I wish I was!!), and Laura is at church!

Best Wishes from us all, P.

Armelle Léon a dit…

Bonjour Peter,

This glaze have no borax in it, the blue specks appear when the glaze is thick enough, not so easy to apply, you can see some pinholes. Sorry I don't remember the place in the kiln, I should write more about my tests.
I made the duck from a roughing of one of my students and the beak from the tadorns I see near home.

Say hello to Laura, I went to see my mother and she says she is praying all the day long now, since she is in the retreat house.
Hello to the cats, mine is sleeping after a night outside.